Chandler, AZ – May 26, 2011 (Globe Newswire) Elliptical Mobile Solutions (EMS) today announced it is building its next generation Micro-Modular Data Center, the R.A.S.E.R. HD, capable of offering IT loads up to 80 kW, as well as a power usage effectiveness level (PUE) of 1.1.
“This will be the highest density, most energy efficient IT enclosure on the market today,” said EMS CEO Bill Stockwell. “This is truly game changing innovation for the data center industry as well as high performance computing (HPC) centers around the world.”
Stockwell said that with the use of increasingly powerful processors and high density equipment such as blade servers, the IT industry is grappling with the challenges of increased energy consumption and high levels of wasted heat as a result. The R.A.S.E.R. HD provides the greenest solution available.
According to a white paper issued by Digital Realty Trust in 2011, PUE-- the standard efficiency metric adopted by data centers -- stands at about 2.8 on average.
The study also found that the needs for expansion among data center operators will continue in 2012 with 84% of firms “definitely/probably” expanding their operations.
A recent study by the Uptime Institute reported that 36% of data center facilities would run out of space, power or cooling in 2011-2012.
Stockwell said he sees the R.A.S.E.R. HD as being the ideal solution for clients who need to retrofit their existing data center due to power and cooling limitations or want to build a new data center or HPC center.
“Because of the amount of cooling that can be delivered directly to the IT equipment, the new R.A.S.E.R. HD is uniquely positioned to support the significant advances in high performance computing, both now and in the future,” he said.
The R.A.S.E.R. HD also is the perfect solution for new data center builds in that it can reduce capital expenses up to 70%, operational and cooling expenses around 55% and reduce the data center footprint by 75% (compared to traditional data centers). The enclosure also can be built, fully populated and delivered within 8 weeks while offering the reliability and resiliency that today’s IT professionals demand.
Features of the R.A.S.E.R. HD include:
· Cooling units support 20 kW to 80 kW capacities, allowing for multiple configurations
· 42U of rack space available in the main cabinet
· Powerful “field” upgradable cooling that provides cutting edge performance now as well as capacity to meet ever increasing heat loads into the future
· 2 “Sidecars” that contain cooling units to support “closed loop” cooling
· Completely sealed environment for maximum flexibility and efficiency
· A and B water loops and multiple hot-swappable fans
· Built-in environmental monitoring for air temperature, flow, water temperature, leakage, humidity and fan speed
· Patented shock and vibration isolation allowing the enclosure to be moved or relocated while populated with equipment
· Perfectly scalable allowing companies to grow capacity as needed
· Vendor agnostic to accommodate all standard 19” rack equipment
Since its founding in 2005, EMS has been committed to reinventing the data center industry using cost-effectiveness, energy efficiency and high availability as its guiding principles. Today, it is only company in the world to build Micro-Modular Data Centers™ (MMDCs) at the rack level. These completely sealed enclosures include onboard cooling, security and fire suppression as well as water, dust and humidity protection.
For more information, please visit:
Marketing Communications Manager
Elliptical Mobile Solutions